Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm pretty happy


I just got a call from a friend at work..My son has exactly who I wanted for his 4th grade rotation class. He has a male homeroom teacher, and my friend for Math and science. I'm so happy for him..and he is so relieved!






On another note, I made an awesome lemon cake the other day..want the recipe?







Of course you do!



2 boxes Duncan Hines lemon supreme cake mix, make according to 2 layer cake directions


(you need 4 layers)


3 boxes of lemon jello pudding (Make according to directions for pie filling, cut milk by 1/2 cup per pkg)


1 stick margarine/butter


1 8 oz cream cheese


lemon extract (1-2 capfuls)


vanilla extract (1 capful)


lemon zest


confectioners sugar



Make the cakes, let cool completely. When assembling the cake, put pudding between layers. Frost the cake, carefully. Do not try to cut tiny small pieces of this cake, it will fall apart.


Make icing..very easy, cream butter and cream cheese, add lemon and vanilla, and lemon zest, and confectioners sugar..blend until its the desired consistency.. I used one bag of confectioners sugar..about 2 lbs..I have some left over.

No comments: